Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chit Chat with the Editor

Several readers have posed the question as to why the information about slavery or racial discrimination, and etc are being put on this website.  Some feel that it is just being used to incite racial tensions, or to promote hate and division.

As the editor of 2sisters, it is my duty to set the record straight.  Our mission statement indicates that we do not promote racism, bigotry or hatred of any person or groups of people.  That said, I personally have different racial groups in my family, and I do not have hatred or any mal-feelings towards them.  So, let me be clear, the purpose of this blog and all of the information in it is to educate the black community.  Whether or not I have different races in my family does not take away from the fact that I am an Afro-American every day that I live.

Because there is an air of equality, the black community seems to be complacent.  The danger in complacency is that from that standpoint, people are easily manipulated and abused.  2sisters is standing in the gap alongside groups like the NAACP and NAN, to keep the issues of injustice that face the black community in the forefront, so that people do not just simply accept them as a norm.


Light and Life for all.


Editor
2sisterseoc.blogspot.com
Emily Edwards


No comments:

Post a Comment